Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Two Projects on Day 2

With so many projects I want to get done, I decided to double up yesterday. Both were easy projects but projects worth doing.

My first project was to make reusable fabric softener sheets. I use 2-3 fabric softener sheets per load of laundry so I figured, why not give this a try.

Here is the picture from Pintrest

and the link
http://pinterest.com/pin/239183430179723712/

These were my materials:


I used my favorite fabric softner. You can use any liquid softener you prefer. I purchased new towels simply because I wanted them to look different from the ones we wipe our hands with daily. 

The original pin for this states that your new fabric softner towels will last up to 40 loads. I did not find this to be true. (Mine lasted 5-6 loads) I think I may have used fabric that was too thin to hold enough liquid for 40 loads. The fabric I purchased is extrememly thin.

I reccommend using a thick towel. I plan on trying it with a thicker towel next time. I will update with my findings.


My next mini project is a glitter key. I keep seeing these cute keys with pictures on them at the home improvement stores but cant seem to spend the $5.00 + on one.  I like to do things on the cheap so this seemed like a cute idea.

Here is the motivation picture.





Here is the link

And this is my finished product:




1 comment: