Monday, February 6, 2012

Getting Started

I admit, it didn't take long for the Pintrest addiction to kick in. Once I was on, I was hooked. I found so many ideas: creative, fun, wonderful, beautiful ideas! But where to begin? With so much out there that I want to do, make and create my mind was going hazy. Once I got my brain calmed down with a bit of Valium I decided on my first project. I chose the project wisely. I knew I wanted to do something I knew how to do well. I knew it needed to be house related (because lets face it, there is always something to do in the house). I wanted it to be something my husband would notice (he doesn't notice 3/4 of the things around here). And.... then I found my inspiration!

Ta-Da!
Here was my inspiration. My FIRST Pintrest Project!


I loved the blue and white laundry room in this photo. My laundry room was white on white. I knew how to paint. I've painted many times through out my life so I figured I would find a way to get this done. I knew this specific color of blue, tho ugh beautiful, would not match the rest of the house so I opted for a different blue. Then I noticed something I could add to the paint to make it sparkle! Awesome!


These are the sparkles


This is the end result of my hard painting work. I still have a few things I would like to add (looking for a chandelier) to complete the space but not too bad the way it is.






No comments:

Post a Comment